incredibly brilliant.
was posted at 12:11 PM with 0 comments
I have recently realized that:
I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY CARBONATED DRINKS IN MY HOUSE-EVER.
I HAVE NEVER DRANK ANYTHING AT STARBUCKS.
I NEED TO EAT AT WENDY'S (BECAUSE I'VE NEVER EATEN THERE) BEFORE I START SCHOOL SO THE PEOPLE WON'T THINK I'M WEIRD.
I HAVE NEVER EATEN AT DUNKIN' DONUTS.

Oh yeahh, I'm like so freaking incredibly awesome outdated. :/

---

I've been honestly stressed these few days. I've been assigned to do one, ONE essay and I'm starting to freak out already. UNBELIEEVABLE.
I have to say it's all the school holidays' fault, actually. It has swiped out all of my motivation. I really need to get hold of myself.

Anyway, I've been thinking quite a lot lately. I've realized a number of things, and I've listed some of them above. One of the things I haven't mentioned is, I've realized that all this while, we've been demanding way too much things. And yet, we can never seem to see the amount of blessed things we posses heaped on top us. It's like they're invisibly hidden to us once we posses them.
About a few weeks ago, my mom told me about how life was when she was my age. The number of hours she studied, and what her wishlist was. What really amazed me was what she desired. Books. That was it. That was the only physical object she wanted.

But what about now? Reminiscing from a few wishlists I've read from my friends, I noticed all of them had some sort of electronic involved. I'm not saying that's wrong or whatever, I myself, want quite a few electronics too. But the difference! The difference of what people wanted last time and NOW.

It's terrifying.

Another thing I've realized is how problems can affect us. We're so lost in trying to fix them that we tend to think life really is insignificant and pointless to live. My problems aren't as big as what adults are handling, but they're enough to blow my mind up. I know "WHAT AM I GOING TO WEAR?!" or "Omgg, how am I supposed to finish this amount of homework?!" or "Arghh, I burned myself trying to cook that thing again! I GIVE UP" can match off what is stressing an adult's mind. For me, I'm always trying to accomplish things just to feel satisfaction. But then I've noticed that I can never, ever accomplish everything. No matter what mind-blowing thing I can manage to accomplish, is able satisfy myself for long. And so, I feel that it's time I should simply be glad and satisfied at every little thing I can do/have accomplished. It may not impress people as much as how other people can, but it's what I am capable of and that's really enough.

Also, I can see that we never seem to think of the present. It's always about the past or the future. We've always been wanting to feel the assurance that everything will be alright (thinking of the future). And if you hadn't, you'd be angry at yourself (past).
But what about the present?
Isn't it important as well?

Well, that's all. (: I think I've talked enough. Lol.

lynn x

Labels: