May Favorites and disappointing products
was posted at 10:51 PM with 0 comments
Hello everyonee!!

Hope you guys had a great month in May. May didn't end very well for me because I had decided last minute to take some subjects for this year's Oct/Nov IGCSE. I'm really worried and scared and frightened and overwhelmed with the sudden workload and responsibilities but I'm still hanging in there. Somehow.

Anyway, I thought I'd do my May Favorites as a short break from studying. I didn't have the time to edit the photos, or put them in a nice setting, so please bear with it! :(


Price: 11 pounds
Availability: Boots/Superdrug, UK. -I'm not sure if it's available in Malaysia yet-

WonderBronze was one of the products that I bought during my trip in Europe in April and it's one of Soap and Glory's most recent products. It's a blush brick just like their Peach Party and Love at First Sight blushes. I have all three of them but I find that I reach for WonderBronze the most. 
I love using this in the number 3 motion to achieve a sun-kissed look. I wouldn't recommend using this for conturing because it has shimmer in it. I think that it's just an awesome product - the colors in the pan were very well picked and the packaging is sturdy and compact. 



Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer
Price: RM19
Availability: Watsons, 1 Utama

I only begun to know about the whole hype of this concealer when I was back from Europe and words could not describe how bummed I was for not picking this off the shelves at Boots. So when I saw Collection's new set-up in Watsons, I was so freaakin overjoyed. I felt like I was overflowing with happiness as I scooped up the second last tube left to the cashier. 

This product is everything everyone had been (and still is) talking about. It's creamy, long-lasting, and offers great coverage. To top that off, it is so affordable. 
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer is available in 4 shades. I'm the shade Light 2 and if you can see in my swatch picture below, it's quite orange-toned. I like using this concealer for my under-eyes and on blemishes, and I just make sure I mix it with my BB cream so that it matches my skin tone. :) 





SilkyGirl Hi-Definition Brow Liner
Price: RM17.9 (this was after discount, I believe it is RM21.9 before) 
Availability: Watsons, Guardian

I'm honestly not a fan of SilkyGirl's products. I've had a couple of products that didn't leave me impressed, or were even found disappointing. However, I was desperately looking for an eyebrow pencil because I had an event to attend to in a few days. Luckily, I came across Naomi Neo's Everyday Makeup youtube video and it showed her using this product. If you guys didn't already know, she's a famous Singaporean blogger. Basically, I love her hair and not to mention, her eyebrows. So even though I felt skeptical about buying this product, I had to give it a go because time didn't permit for me to find another option. 

I, however, did not expect this brow liner to work this well. I'm a beginner at filling in my brows, but this was so easy to use. This product took me by surprise, and I'm really pleased with it. I got mine in the shade 02 Dark Brown because my hair is dyed and the black shade would just look a little too unnatural on me. 





Etude House Don't Worry Tinted Lip Balm
Price: RM 29.90 (purchased at only RM9.90)
Availability: All Etude House outlets

Maybelline Baby Lips 
Price: 2.99 pounds
Availability: Boots/Superdrug UK

 Tinted lip balms would have to be one of the most products I own in my dresser. I've been using Etude House's Don't Worry Lip Balm in the shade "It's Fine" and Maybelline's Baby Lips in "Pink Punch". I love both of them so much, but I find that I opt for Etude House's one more because it stays on a whole lot longer in comparison. On the other hand, I have to give credit to how good Baby Lips smell. It's like applying a layer of crushed candy onto your lips.


Price: RM 26.90
Availability: Watsons, Guardian

This product is like my life-saver on days where I only have 5 hours of sleep (which happens too frequently). It gets rid of my puffy eyes and just makes my concealer sit a lot better. The metal roller wakes me up too. Great product and although it's only 15ml, it would last a good amount of time because it's only for your eye area.



Product dissappointments

Demak Up Cotton Science 
Availability: Amsterdam

I picked this product up at Amsterdam airport and remember having a tough battle between choosing this or going with NIVEA makeup remover wipes. I ended up going with this since it was for sensitive skin. This product disappointed me so much though. It didn't have a seal over the top so the cotton pads were almost dried out when I opened it. It was totally not worth it and I regretted not getting the NIVEA pack instead. 



Maybelline 2-IN-1 Impact Shadow Liner by EyeStudio
Price: RM 17 (after discount) 
Availability: Watsons, Guardian

I had never been on good terms with Maybelline's Eyeliners. The first one I had bought broke on my second use, and I was ascertained not to buy one again. 
However, because I was short on time (again), this was the only waterproof pencil eyeliner that fell within my budget and I had to purchase it. 
This product is creamy and pigmented but it's not waterproof as the labeling had promised. This had obviously upset me a lot because I don't think it's possible to wear a non-waterproof eyeliner in the weather here. I would by all means want to avoid eyeliner running down my cheeks, so this product had just hugely disappointed me.



**End of post

I'm really sorry this post was poorly written as I had to get it done within half an hour. Gotta get back to studying now! I'll edit this post later.