February Favorites [REVIEWS]
was posted at 4:43 PM with 0 comments

Hey guys! As the title suggests, this post is going to be about my February favorites. I've realized that I had gravitated towards makeup products instead of my usual skincare indulgence in the month of February, so I thought it would be pretty worthwhile to share it with you guys. Also, some of the products (which will be listed with a ❅) were given to me by my cousin Amy, so she deserves a huge thank you! 

Availability: Sephora counters

This blush had been raved and talked about so much on Youtube, so if I were to say that I was excited to try it out, it would an understatement. 
This blush did indeed live up to its hype. I received mine in the shade Peaceful, and in the travel sized packaging which does not come with a mirror.
The funny thing about this blush is that it did not give me the first impression I was expecting. I thought that I would fall in love with it immediately, but that only came about four hours into wearing it. I was a little confused at first, because when I had initially put it on, it wasn't anything special. It just felt like a regular blush, but after a couple of hours, it blended in so well and gave an amazing natural glow. It's also very long-lasting (not sure if it's up to 12 hours though). I absolutely adore it and I am planning to invest in the full-sized one. 

The shade Peaceful is coral/peach toned with a slight shimmer to it, and it comes in a nude orange colored packaging (which is honestly a little misleading).





Conclusion
In my opinion, I find that that this blush gives a very sheer, subtle and healthy color to the cheeks. The color doesn't come off very obvious-it's definitely the kind where you have to build a couple of layers to make it really show up. However, the shimmer is quite noticeable if you were to compare it to a matte blush, and since I personally like my blushes matte, this blush acts as a blush and highlighter duo for me. So, if you're one of those matte blush lovers and want to try out something with a little shimmer, this is totally up your alley. Also, I have to mention that all of this is based on the colour Peaceful and it does not mean the same for the rest of the colours in this blush range. 

NYX Cosmetics

Availability: Sephora
Price: RM 19

To be honest, I'm still getting used to the whole idea of this product. My intention when I bought this product was to use it as highlighter for my inner corners. What I didn't know, was that because I have tapered eyelids, it is more difficult for the color to really show up. To make things worse, I have oily eyelids (thanks to the humidity in Malaysia) and because the texture is "chalky", it rubs off really easily. 
This product was the wrong choice as highlighter for my inner eye corners. However, I've heard that it works fantastic as an eyeshadow base, so I'm hoping that works successfully for me and I could get some use out of it.




Conclusion
Pigmentation wise, the Jumbo Eye Pencil is really great. It's creamy and gives a great opaque color. I think that the lasting power differs for every individual because if you have oily eyelids like me, this is definitely not going to last very long. I personally would not repurchase this because rm19 is quite pricey given the fact that it only comes in such little product. However, if you're willing to pay for that amount, and if you want to try something different than your regular pot eyeshadows, I do recommend getting it. 

NYX Lip Products

Availability: Sephora
Price: RM26

As you can already tell, this is a Lip Cream. This means that the consistency is not as thick as a lipstick, but not too sheer like a lipgloss. The shade Candy Land is a nice pink color with some nude peach tones to it- I have difficulty describing the color, but basically it's just a very nice natural pink. 
I find it hard for me to pull off this shade though, and I guess it's because my lips are naturally darker than this pink shade. So when I apply this colour onto my lips, it looks a little..off. 
I have yet to try it over a layer of concealer, hopefully the colour will show up better and a little more flattering. 
Secondly, I really dislike the fragrance to this product. It's strong and smells very artificial. If you're scent sensitive like me, this product is a no go for ya 



Conclusion
NYX Xtreme Lip Cream would work perfectly if you've been wanting to transition from a lip gloss to a lipstick, or if you just want something heavier than a tinted lip balm/lip gloss. The price is pretty worth it for a 7ml tube. It comes with a flat felt tip applicator (like a spatula), but I just think it's absolutely useless in application. It does an awful job at getting into the corners of your lips and I always end up using my fingers to apply (it's more hygienic too). The scent is strong and unpleasant in my opinion. However, it gives great pigmentation, it isn't drying, and CandyLand is a really nice shade of pink. I have mixed thoughts on this product, and I think some people would like it but potentially a few others won't too. I'd suggest you to try it out first with a sample.

Availability: Sephora
Price: RM 26

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream basically has the same consistency as the NYX Xtreme Lip Cream except it dries to a matte finish. Amsterdam was the colour I had my eyes set upon when I came across the reviews of this range of lip creams. The shade of red was what I was looking for-- not too "in-your-face", but wearable and perfect for a special occasion (I wore this on CNY!). 


Conclusion
A little product goes a long way for the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream. It takes at least 15 seconds to fully dry (mattify?), which is fairly fast since it's cream based. The colour doesn't transfer easily since it's matte, so I like using this for the Korean gradient lip effect because you definitely don't want to use something that is going to smudge and end up messy (looking nothing like the gradient effect). The tube is 8ml and comes with a regular round felt tip sponge applicator which is useless as well--I use the MAC 316 lip brush for a cleaner application. The scent again is still strong but doesn't put me off so much compared to the Xtreme Lip Cream. It is more drying and I wouldn't suggest getting it if you tend to have very dry/chapped lips. The lasting power is better than the Xtreme Lip Cream, but it's also harder to remove. 
Both lip creams are smooth, not so heavy, and gives great pigmentation.

Top to bottom: Xtreme Lip Cream (Candy Land), Soft Matte Lip Cream (Amsterdam), Jumbo Eye Pencil (Milk)

Availability: Watsons, Guardian, Sasa (bought mine at Watsons)
Price: rm39.90 (I bought mine at rm29.90 but I've seen it go as low as to RM27 on 2-day promotions at Watsons)

The Maybelline Rocket Mascara comes in waterproof and washable formulas. 
They are both packaged the same way except that the waterproof formula has the labeling in blue and the washable in pink. The waterproof one is available in 2 shades and the washable is available in 3.
I've mostly heard or seen reviews on the washable formula and it seems to be more popular than the waterproof one. Before you start contemplating which to get, Watsons in Malaysia only offers the washable one, so there goes the other option :( 

The Maybelline Rocket Mascara is fantastic at giving volume but I find that it lacks in lengthening (though I shouldn't be expecting it since it only claims to volumize). The wand is plastic and has synthetic bristles that have done an excellent job at separating my lashes and coating them evenly. However, because the wand is thick, it's difficult to get into the inner eye corner lashes which is a downside since it could really slow down the getting ready process. Another downside is that I get flakes onto my undereyes after about 7 hours of wear, and my upper and lower lashlines actually stick together temporarily when I'm exposed to sunlight throughout most of the day. I assume that it's because of sweat and its non-waterproof formula to be the reason.



Conclusion
The Rocket Washable Mascara does fulfill all that it has claimed to do--giving voluminous and clump-free lashes. I feel like that is a major plus since it is a drugstore product and is relatively cheaper compared to other brands such a Revlon or L'oreal. On the other hand, this is not a lengthening mascara, so if you have short and straight eyelashes like I do, you might want to only use this mascara over another coat of mascara that offers length.

Availability: Watsons, Guardian, Sasa
 Price: RM19

The Maybelline Colour Tattoo is a cream based eyeshadow that is packaged in a glass pot--one that you would usually find with gel eyeliners. The uniqueness about this particular product is that it really does not budge once it's on your skin. When I first heard of the name 'Colour Tattoo', I thought it was just a marketing scheme to get the product flying off the racks-but, no, this stuff is no joke. It lasts on your eyelids from 8am till 10pm (my experience) and it still looks gorgeous at the end of the day.

 This product was literally in most beauty gurus' favorites videos at one point (I remember Missglamorozzi and essiebutton used it religiously). I was a little late to join in on the excitement but I'm glad I did.







Conclusion
The Maybelline Colour Tattoo was a really pleasant surprise at rm19. I don't have any complaints about it except that it does dry quite quickly in the pot, so you have to scrape off the crusty layer before application. Bad to the bronze is an amazing coffee colour that has a sheen of glitter over it. It works as an awesome all-over-the-lid shadow, fairly easy to use, and lets you avoid the hassle of cleaning your eyeshadow brush afterwards. Totally recommend it to anyone. The colour tattoo has other great colours as well and I've linked the website to the title above, so as to make your life easier (you're welcome)
Availability: All Laneige counters
Price: RM100 (according to websites)

I've not used this product enough for me to write a full review on it. However, I need to say that this stuff smells like freaking heaven. It smells so good, I feel like Laneige should actually attach a note saying "Refrain from eating". The Multiberry Yogurt Repair Pack smells just like fresh strawberry/blueberry yoghurt--sweet and delicious and something you might unconsciously mistake as real food. 

The Multiberry Yogurt Pack is a wash-off mask that claims to nourish and moisturize the skin. It is a lightweight cream infused with a range of berry extracts (raspberries, blueberries, cranberries, wolfberries, etc.) and other ingredients such as Sogurty, NAG and Niacinamide. 

I like using this mask before bed, especially on nights where I'd be sleeping with air-conditioning. It leaves my skin feeling super supple the next morning wake up. I use this product sparingly since it's so expensive.

-I'll be writing a more complete review on this in the future-






**End of rewiews

If you're wondering why I left out the Etude House nail polishes, it was because I had forgotten to take pictures and wanted to get this post out asap. sorry!